The KARE brand symbolises furnishing ideas which are unique, non-conformist and authentic – never boring and always full of imagination and inspiration. Ever since 1981 the company has been surprising its fans and retail partners worldwide with an incomparable and inexhaustible variety of new furniture, lighting and furnishing accessories, all expressing an intense passion for design. They include fascinating discoveries from obscure artisan workshops and slightly crazy but unique pieces of furniture creating a ‘wow’ effect, not to mention lovingly crafted solid wood furniture that will be cherished for a lifetime.
KARE succeeds like no other brand in tracking down style icons, developing trends and innovations in furniture design, and then using them to fulfil the dreams of furnishing enthusiasts. Open to spontaneity and with the courage to innovate, our trend scouts and creative spirits fashion surprising, affordable and desirable lifestyle collections. For unconventional and romantic spirits, for the wild and the style-conscious, for birds of paradise and all those who cast off all constraints when it comes to furnishing their own home.
Inspiration – not convention
KARE is an unconventional furniture company which strictly rejects run-of-the-mill concepts, operates strategically with a feel for the market and ensures continued success with revolutionary furnishing ideas. Jürgen Reiter and Peter Schönhofen are the guiding spirits behind all this. They founded the company as students, and as owners and managers they remain at the head of the company to the present day – working with passion, a readiness to innovate and personal commitment. As an international supplier and generator of change KARE is accordingly faster, smarter and more successful on the market.
We decorate the world!
With its own stores in Germany and Austria, 200 brand partners worldwide and 2000 trade customers KARE inspires cosmopolitan spirits and young people of all ages in over 40 countries with an enthusiasm for individual furnishing. In 2014 the company opened the KARE Kraftwerk – its international flagship store offering a unique lifestyle experience and the furnishing ideas of the future in a former Munich power station.
KARE Design GmbH is a private company with international operations in the fields of furniture, lighting and furnishing accessories. As a franchisor, wholesaler, retailer, shop-in-shop operator, contract furnishing business and trendsetter in interior decoration the Munich-based company has registered uninterrupted growth since the time it was founded.
- KARE worldwide in June 2015: 200 brand shops in 40 countries
- Year of foundation: 1981
- Owners, founders and managing partners: Jürgen Reiter, management specialist, Peter Schönhofen, management specialist
- Franchisor for the KARE brand retail system
- Retailer with its own KARE shops in Germany and Austria, Flagship Store KARE Kraftwerk, Munich, and the Stierblut Men and Women fashion stores in Munich
- Stierblut online shop
- KARE online shop: owner and operator of www.kare.de
- Export proportion: approximately 70 percent
- Trade fairs: exhibitors at all major international furnishing fairs: imm Cologne, Ambient and Tendency, Frankfurt, Maison et Objet, Paris, Salone International del Mobile, Milan, Furniture China, Shanghai, Rooms, Moscow
- Showroom: international showroom covering 2800 m²
- In-house trade fairs: three events a year for the international furniture industry and brand partners
- Purchasing offices and quality managers in eastern Europe, China and India
- Employees: in Germany approx. 380 at headquarter from 28 nations, and around 1150 in the worldwide KARE network
- Proportion of women in management posts: 40 percent
- Training provider: Chamber of Commerce award for training apprentices, with every 10th member of the workforce a trainee
- Central logistics facility at company HQ with over 30,000 m² plus external warehouses
- Logistics centre in Asia for direct container operations
- Award: “Shop of the year 2015” for the brand flagship store KARE Kraftwerk in Munich
- Award: “E-Mail Marketing Award 2015” for B-to-C Newsletter by Dialog Summit
- KARE Academy: international in-house advanced training center
- Social responsibility: involvement in ‘Artists for Kids e.V.’ for the support of underprivileged young people and more cooperation.